Principle One: Believe in Yourself
The first question you need to answer on the path to Self Mastery is "Who do you believe you are?" And therefore "What do you believe you deserve from life ?" Begin by reading the Theory. Once you have done that your commitment this month is to spend half an hour per day on the core practice.
There are also links, readings and exercises for you to do.
The core practice for this month is to redefine who you are and what you believe you deserve from life by:-
- Rewriting your 'Self Story' with evidence
- Refocusing your brain on what you are doing right
- Choosing to love yourself UNCONDITIONALLY
Your commitment is to spend thirty minutes every day for the next month on the following:-
- Write in your Journal for at least 15 minutes "I am.... and I know this because..."
eg "I am a great friend and I know this because..."
- Then write in your Journal "What I did right today"
- Then address any residual criticisms by writing
"Even though part of me thinks I should have done... or I wasn't ... I CHOOSE to love myself unconditionally anyway"
Note that when you are answering the first question ONLY write down positive things.
Last - take the time now to read out loud everything you have written. When doing this don't get hung up about about the form - focus on the essence. For example you might write in point form "I am a great friend because - point 1,2,3 etc"
Do what works for YOU.
No one can make you believe in yourself. It is something you have to find within.
As I have written in 'The Self Mastery Toolbox,' I believe that what you focus on is key.
That as you focus more and more on the good stuff you 'stir your energetic pot' so to speak and the 'bad' stuff or negative stuff is pushed up and out.
The resources listed here either provide you with more 'good stuff' to take in, or provide you with tools and techniques to get rid of the 'bad' stuff as it bubbles up.
Use these resources with the Core Practice detailed above and soon you will see and feelpositive changes.
Websites to sign up to for inspiration:-
- TUT's Adventurer's Club www.tut.com
- The Happiness Institute www.thehappinessinstitute.com
- Andy Dooley Inspirational Art www.andydooley.com
- TED www.ted.com
- Zen Habits www.zenhabits.net
- Daily Words of the Buddha www.pariyatti.org
- Abraham-Hicks www.abraham-hicks.com
- Good Vibe Coach www.goodvibecoach.com
- Carol Look - Attracting Abundance www.attractingabundance.com
Websites for Tools and Techniques
- Authentic Happiness - Dr Martin Seligman www.authentichappiness.sas.upenn.edu
- The Emotional Freedom Technique www.emofree.com
- Tap Talk Radio www.taptalkradio.com
Articles & Books
- 'The Biology of Belief' by Bruce Lipton PhD see the website www.brucelipton.com for other books and resources
- 'Molecules of Emotion' by Candace Pert PhD see the website www.candacepert.com
- 'BE' by A.C. Ping; see the resources on this website and read the trilogy BE, DO, FAITH
- 'The Brain that Changes Itself' by Norman Doidge see the website www.normandoidge.com
- 'Learned Optimism' by Martin Seligman see the website www.authentichappiness.sas.upenn.edu
- 'You can heal your life' by Louise Hay see the website www.louisehay.com
MP3s and VIDEOS
For MP3s it's always good to look at Sounds True www.soundstrue.com
Great audios include:
- 'Your body is your subconscious mind' by Candace Pert
- 'Advanced Energy Anatomy' by Caroline Myss
For videos see TED www.ted.com
Relevant Posts on The Catalyser
- Embrace Your Dark Side
- 8 Ways To Be Stronger
- Freedom is the Opiate of the Masses
- Give Yourself Permission
- How to Gather Power
- If You Don't Trust Yourself Why Should Anyone Else?
- Pumping Up The 'I AM' Story
- Stop Telling The Story Stupid
- The 'I AM GOOD ENOUGH' Process
- The Invalidated Emotion
- The Not Good Enough Story
- There is No I, There is No Me, There is No My
- Who Decides What Mood You're In?
- You're Allowed To Speak Your Truth
- Depressive Realism vs Delusional Optimism
- Creating a Circle of Honour
- Choosing Unconditional Love